The most important part of the flute, a hand-cut headjoint can improve any instrument and can offer a player many new options for sound and response. Each handmade Powell headjoint is cut by hand and tested by a professional flutist at our workshop.
The Philharmonic is the iconic Powell sound; rich, deep, and intriguing. Offering the most resistance of all our styles, the Philharmonic features a broad, smooth lip plate reminiscent of the Louis Lot flutes. This style offers an extensive palette of colors which are perfect for blending with other instrument families in a symphony orchestra.
With a wide range of dynamics and characteristics, the Soloist is the sports car of headjoints. Sleek and simple with its narrow, curved lip plate, this style is incredibly flexible. Designed for the player who demands precision and performance.
The powerhouse of our headjoint offerings, the Venti style combines the response of the Soloist with the richness of the Philharmonic. This style has a broad lip plate with a steep front angle, producing fantastic response and projection.
Our newest style of headjoint, the Lumina has style and panache. Supple yet responsive, it moves quickly throughout the range with little effort. This headjoint’s clean and energetic sound is the perfect complement to our more classic styles.
- Tubing choices : Sterling silver .014", Sterling silver .016", Aurumite 9K, Aurumite 14K, 9K rose gold, 10K yellow gold, 14K white gold, 14K rose gold, 19.5K rose gold, Platinum, Grenadilla wood
- Lip Plate choices : Sterling silver, 9K rose gold, 10K yellow gold, 14K rose gold, 19.5K rose gold
- Wall choices : Sterling silver, 10K yellow gold, 14K rose gold, 19.5K rose gold, Platinum
- Crown choices : Sterling silver, 10K yellow gold, 14K rose gold, 19.5K rose gold
- Wings choices : Sterling silver, 14K rose gold