Platinum is, without a doubt, the most distinctive and intriguing flute material. The incredible density of this metal produces a prized sound unlike any other. Deep, yet projecting, the sound of a Powell Platinum flute is the ultimate experience.
Made with .010” tubing, the Platinum flute is offered with both Sterling Silver and 10K Yellow Gold Mechanism. From the world-renowned “World’s Fair Flute” #365 of William Kincaid to the flutes of today.
- Pitch : A-440/442/444
- Tubing Material : Platinum
- Tubing Thickness : .010"
- Tone hole Type : Soldered only
- Tone hole Material : Matches mechanism material
- Rings, Ribs, Posts : Matches mechanism material
- Barrel : 14K White Gold
- Footjoint : B or C Foot available
- Gizmo : Standard
- Scale : Modern Powell Scale
- G Disc : Available
- Tube Material : Platinum
- Lip Plate Material : 10K Yellow Gold
- Wall Material : 10K Yellow Gold
- Crown Material : 10K Yellow Gold
- Style : Lumina, Philharmonic, Soloist, Venti
- Type : Pinless Mechanism (standard) or Pinned Mechanism (special order)
- Keywork Material : Sterling Silver or 10K Yellow Gold
- G keys : In-line or Offset
- Cups : French
- Arms : Pointed Arms
- C# Trill : Available
- Split-E : Available
- D# Roller : Available
- Open G# : Available
- Springs : 10K White Gold
- Type : Straubinger™ Pads
Powell Custom Dealers carry the full range of Powell flutes, piccolos, and headjoints from the professional Handmade Custom to the intermediate Powell Sonaré. They also offer highly specialized flute knowledge, experience and repair services
Powell Sonaré dealers carry the intermediate Powell Sonaré line of flutes and piccolos, and offer quality woodwind repair services.
Powell Signature dealers offer semi-professional handmade Signature flute and piccolo, as well as the intermediate Powell Sonaré flutes and piccolos
Your product has been added to the Shopping Cart Go to cart Continue shopping