Continuing our concept of tone and color from our handmade flutes, our Custom Piccolos are known for depth and richness. Their dark sound blends effortlessly with the other members of the woodwind family, as well as the most ethereal upper string section sound.
Handmade Custom Piccolo
Sought after by orchestral and solo musicians, each piccolo is hand-tuned and features phenolic tone hole inserts. These tone hole inserts provide an air tight surface for the pad to sit on, which does not deteriorate over time. Available with Sterling Silver or 14K Rose Gold mechanism, you can choose from three different headjoint styles: Classic, Profiled, and Wave.
- Pitch : A-440/442/444
- Tubing Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Tone Hole Materials : Phenolic Inserts
- Rings, Ribs, Posts : Matches mechanism material
- Scale : Modern Powell Scale, tuned by hand
- Headjoint Style : Classic, Wave or Profiled
- Tube Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Lip Plate Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Wall Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Crown Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Keywork Material : Sterling Silver or 14K Rose Gold
- Split-E : Available
- Open G# : Available
- Springs : 10K White Gold
Powell Custom Dealers carry the full range of Powell flutes, piccolos, and headjoints from the professional Handmade Custom to the intermediate Powell Sonaré. They also offer highly specialized flute knowledge, experience and repair services
Powell Sonaré dealers carry the intermediate Powell Sonaré line of flutes and piccolos, and offer quality woodwind repair services.
Powell Signature dealers offer semi-professional handmade Signature flute and piccolo, as well as the intermediate Powell Sonaré flutes and piccolos
Your product has been added to the Shopping Cart Go to cart Continue shopping