The true mark of a masterpiece is always the artist’s signature at the bottom of the canvas. The origin of the Signature Flute is no different. Made as a special gift for a Boston doctor who saved Mr. Powell’s eyesight, the original “Signature Flute” was a Sterling Silver flute made in 1952, #1142. This gift was the doctor’s first opportunity to play a handmade Powell flute. Today, the Signature model is also the first opportunity for many to own a handmade Powell flute.
The most affordable handmade flute that we offer, this flute has a Sterling Silver headjoint, body, and mechanism. Signature Flutes have a traditional pinned mechanism, resulting in a lighter weight. The tone holes are drawn using our patented method of extrusion, and each flute bears the signature of Verne Q. Powell. The final mark of quality on this instrument is the handcut Signature II style headjoint, made and tested by the same headjoint makers who make our Custom headjoints.
- Pitch : A-442/444
- Tubing Material : Sterling Silver
- Tubing Thickness : .016"
- Tone hole Type : Drawn Only
- Rings, Ribs, Posts : Sterling Silver
- Barrel : Sterling Silver
- Footjoint : B or C Foot available
- Gizmo : Standard
- Scale : Modern Powell Scale
- G Disc : Standard
- Tube Material : Sterling Silver
- Lip Plate Material : Sterling Silver
- Wall Material : Sterling Silver
- Crown Material : Sterling Silver
- Type : Traditional Pinned Mechanism with Adjustment Screws
- Keywork Material : Sterling Silver
- G Keys : In-line or Offset
- Cups : French
- Arms : Pointed Arms
- C# Trill : Available
- Split-E : Available
- Springs : 10K White Gold
- Type : Pisoni S2 Standard
Powell Custom Dealers carry the full range of Powell flutes, piccolos, and headjoints from the professional Handmade Custom to the intermediate Powell Sonaré. They also offer highly specialized flute knowledge, experience and repair services
Powell Sonaré dealers carry the intermediate Powell Sonaré line of flutes and piccolos, and offer quality woodwind repair services.
Powell Signature dealers offer semi-professional handmade Signature flute and piccolo, as well as the intermediate Powell Sonaré flutes and piccolos
Your product has been added to the Shopping Cart Go to cart Continue shopping